View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 02:38 AM
Hummer Expert

Rico001 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hard Start only when warm H2 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrich1
Anyone,

My 2003 H2 is hard starting when warm. Only warm everyday. Dealer hooked up computer and said it was a pluged converter, and the scanner showed low battery voltage. Fixed converters and replaced battery yesterday. Today replaced the fuel pump and sender before I return to the dealer. Drove 30 minutes, went to restart-same problem, hard start. The hard start continues to get worse.

I do hear a little air hiss, that started right before the hard start issue. That's what made me think that it possibly was the converter. "Sounds like the air cleaner is off when I hit the throttle". Does a leaky intake gasket cause hard start warm but not cold?

Any suggestions?

Hate to say I have no idea what it is but from all the "miss" information you have from the dealer already it really sounds like they have no idea either.

Please tell me you have an extended warranty and you are not shelling out big bucks at the dealership service department for all the repairs.

I would suggest that you try a auto parts store that does scans for free and get a second opinion at least, and if they give you a print out you could compare it to the dealers if you go back there.
Good luck to you~Richard
Yellow 2003 H2 Luxury ALPHA , 2" lift, Black Helo Maxx8 20 X 10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country II LT35/12.50/R20 tires, taillight guards and black LE brush guard, KC light bar w/4 Daylights, Recon Smoked roof lights, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Kenwood Head Unit , 4 - 6-1/2 inch Polk Audio Speakers, solid billet tailgate handle,HUMMER H2 Ghost lights ib front doors