Thread: HUMMER "HOPE"
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

Fever is off the scale

It is a good way to give back to the community for sure. I completed my my training 2 weeks ago and sent my application in awaiting certification now. Here is a letter sent out by The HUMMER Club Inc.

Dear Members,

The American Red Cross has called the Katrina aftermath the first national 'catastrophe' that they have deployed to in the United States. They consider this hurricane more than a disaster and bigger than the last 4 hurricanes combined. We are currently working with the Red Cross and one of our supporting dealerships in the area to set up a command center in the area for HOPE volunteers. At this time, Red Cross has NOT deployed 'damage assessors' to this unstable area. We will not be deployed until the area has stabilized and facilities are in place to house the volunteers.

Here is what we want you to do now:

1. Do not call the dealership or the HOPE program number offering help.
2. We will notify you by email and/or phone with a 'call in' number as soon as the command center is set up and will give you instructions on how you can help with the disaster relief. At this time, there are no facilities for volunteers. DO NOT JUST DRIVE TO THE DEALERSHIP!
3. Prepare your vehicle and expect to be deployed in approximately 7 days.

There will be an opportunity for all Club members to help with this catastrophe. We will keep you updated as new information becomes available. I send a special thank you to all who have called the board members today offering their help during this time and ask for your patience as the deployment schedule is put into place.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, you are welcome to call your directors. We will keep you informed as soon as we have updated information.

Linda North