View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 12:04 AM

DROPER is off the scale

This is what they got from me:

The Hummer and the Prius
David Biale

David Biale's biased, one-sided story just substantiates how the press continues to be allowed to present narrow and slanted views on controversial topics that make people's blood boil. You call this newsworthy? I call it old news that is being re-delivered to incite more hate and attacks.

Comparing a small import car that fits very few family’s needs in this country to the Hummer H2 is completely ridiculous. If the press wants to sponsor complaints about our Nation's thirst for oil, why not focus on the real offenders such as boats, planes and motor homes. This article is nothing more than a sad attempt to feed a biased stereotype that has been created through irresponsible comments from the likes of Arianna Huffington and now David Biale. The Hummer is no worse than any of the millions of family-style SUV transporters in this country. And trust me, there are more of us than you.

David is right about the vast differences between the statistics of the Hummer vs. the Prius. In fact, the Hummer and Prius have so little in common I am still bewildered on why he is even comparing them. Nonetheless, he is very wrong when he states the Hummer buyer symbolizes the Bush administration. This is not a fact, just David’s opinion. I know many owners that cannot stand Bush (self included), yet love their Hummer. Take it for what it is worth, I am an avid outdoorsmen, I use my Hummer H2 like the millions of Jeep owners have for years. I love the fact that the Hummer stands proud as a true 100% American made icon that no foreign death-trap manufacturer can touch. I am far from a redneck, but quite possibly the last of the real American.

So stop “rattling the cages" for attention and focus your energy on positive topics that will provide value to effect the changes you seek. For now your article will continue to perpetuate more resentment towards the press and prompt more attacks and separation in our country. Meanwhile, the core problem we both agree on goes unsolved.