View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 12:33 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MAJOR Problems - Need Help Desperately

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyrebel
I don't know if I mentioned I work for G M but anyways it's been my experience that the last code fault shown is not always what originated problem. Sometimes its a couple things back which finally resulted in error code. Regards The Rebel

As for which codes to diagnose, technically, you start with verifying the concern, then performing diagnostic system checks. Then, you run the computer for codes. However, since this person is quite a distance away, and he has already run the codes, and in all regard, verified the concern, the steps prior to checking codes has been performed.

When diagnosing using codes, you are correct it is not always the first code, but knowledge of how the systems interact helps. On the H3, the BCM is the main controller, after that it falls to the PCM, the EBCM, which would be the cause of the C0240 code is very low on the pecking order of the controller to diagnose first. (In the case of some codes, the code diagnosing chart will usually list other codes that could be possible, and from there which code to diagnose.)

Therefore, looking at the codes, since the PCM is outputting a code that states it is having problems with the memory, thus losing its program, does it not make logical sense to think that the EBCM has NOT received a torque control signal from the PCM?
To be honest, to diagnose a problem such as this via the internet is next to impossible; can't verify pinouts, connector stability, etc. However, to help someone where the nearest Hummer dealer is a few thousand miles away, is all we can hope to do.
Maybe I'm wrong to assume that anything stated on this is board is not scripture, but an educated guess from someone who has worked in engineering for GM, the past 16 years.
Since you are a GM employee, then here is a trivia for you. Why is P0601 in the PCM controller? Why was it required?