View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by ketcat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ketcat:
I was saying that I am thinking of getting an H2 or H1 and that I would rather bent a tie rod than blow a diff.
Why do you think something in the steering will blow befor something in the driveline? While there is a realtionship, I've seen H2 diffs blow with vehicles with stock tie rods and there was no stress on them at all. Likewise, the H3 tie rods are hardly beefy, and they did not blow instead of the diffs.

The concept that the tie rod is a pressure relief valve for the drivetrain is a false one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what I read an H2 bent 3 tie roads and two different H3's broke differentials. Not saying one would go before the other just the difference in the experience they had with two different vehicles on the same obstacle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The H2 did not bend 3 tie rods on Golden Stairs. It was on the entire trip that day, that at best is a 9 hour trail day of hard wheeling. Golden Stairs is just one short obstacle where the 2 H3s spun the ring gears.

Huge difference.