View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 05:44 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Group of *******ers Destroys Alpine Meadow???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
world.

One club's actions may very likely cost us everything Hummer, through Tread Lightly and other programs, has put into building the Hummer image.

X2... on the HUMMER immage.
They should boot those members.

Those members should be made an example of!!!! NO EXCEPTIONS!
...And should have not only been fined, but also should have paid and contributed to the repairs in CO and UT.

I hope X Club will step up and make things proper! Since this was a sanctioned event with a club, some ground rules should have been set.

The fuel leaking POS H1 should have stayed at home or on the trailer for that matter. That should have been the trail leader's job for each day. ...making sure vehicles were mechanically safe to attend. Anti's are always keep an eye out to use things like this as an ammo against us all! ...esp. in Moab.

Not only operating an off road vehicle in the manner that Bobby did was irresponsible, dangerous, and could have endangered other's lives in the wrong situation, but the owner new what he/ she was doing without any regard!!! Way to set an example Bobby! Dumb ****! HIHummer, you should have known better as well. You've been "around" the off road community long enough to know better.

Props to Alec and Beebs for stepping up to the repairs and hunting down the groups taking charge of the BFG advertised trail. I have plans to be there around halloween. I'm sure the local group will be happy to see a HUMMER owner join them on the trail now. I plan to take pics as to how the trail is recovering from this irresponsible act.

As for the X Club board members viewing this, you guys really need to look at the big picture, don;t take this as a personal hit, act soon. A small contribution doesn;t set things back to square one.

You;d be suprised at how many groups, supporters, haters, supporting companies, are viewing these threads. The thread(s) are out on Pirate, CO4X4, among a couple others I frequent. The two mentioned above have been removed thanks to a couple of mods over there. You should have heard some fo the comments made about the dumb $ hit HUMMER owners that ruined this trail. Guilt by assocation whether we were there are not.

I understand clubs go through growing pains, but damn! Outing the only two members that actually did something about it immediately! Those are the times where your members can make or break a club.

...my 2 cents on this whole deal!