View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

DTHVLY is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by sfox:

So just a question, we have seen what an H3 can do off road, have you seen one of these new "UGLY AS SH1T" FJ's off road yet? Or is your concept of an off-road vehicle what you've seen in Xterra commercials? Seriously, the approach and departure angles are just terrible and the breakover isn't any better than any other grocery getter available. From the few glam shots on Toyotas website, the flex on the rear is worse than an H1, and that's really bad for a solid rear axle vehicle.

S

Actually I have seen the FJ off-road. They had the video of it running the Rubicon with no problems at SEMA. As far as you thinking it’s ugly, I think we already covered that argument earlier in the thread. I’ll admit the H3 has slightly better A/D angles but I wouldn’t consider 33.5 and 30 to be terrible and the FJ does have a better break over angle, a shorter wheel base, and more ground clearance than the H3, so you do the math.

Quote:
Originally posted by sfox:
the breakover isn't any better than any other grocery getter available...

Well it's better than the H3's breakover so according to you the H3 is just another grocery getter.

You said it.