View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 03:49 AM
Hummer Professional

CrisB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jamboree Rack Design

Damn Paul, nice modeling software! You thought it out well. I loaded mine with a 40 Qt cooler packed to the rim with ice & sody pops, saw no difference on the rear door. Mine sits sturdy with that 3rd rear leg, it really doesn't do any levering on the framework, I'm good with it...but I wouldn't make it too big. Mine's 14x25x4".

Remember all, this isn't loaded up every day, just an added space to put some stuff. My trip to Moab ( and skiing in Breckenridge), will require a fully loaded roof rack, cargo bag, rear tire rack & interior....unless I want to pull a trailer over the Rockies. That rear rack will allow me to store like 8 extra square feet of stuff for the road, and will make my kids much happier.
2006 H3 Adventure, green in & out, Line-X, no bling. Onboard air, Rino GPS, BVG roof rack, roof-mounted lights, Warn xd9000i winch, RR rails, Hunner's skid plates, custom UCP, rear tire rack, roofcam.

1965 IH Scout 80, fully restored with winch, lockers, Dana 44's...holds it's own to an H3.