View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why is a JK Wrangler So Much Better

This is a stupid argument.

Jeeps are good off road, and they can be made incredible off road. If wheeling the very hardest trails (rocks) is the test......solid axles are still the standard. There are reasons for this.

Compromise is true everywhere in life. If you want an incredible off road rig, you will sacrifice road drive ability. Death-wobble, cornering, center of gravity, lockers grabbing on pavement, etc. etc.

Hummers do what they do well right off the showroom floor. They can tackle 90+ percent of Moab's trails - stock. They can drive there and back and run the trails in comfort. It is still a matter of compromise.....if off road ability is paramount......the H1 will outperform the other Hummers, but will not be as comfortable as a daily driver.

I just spent a week wheeling with a modified JK. I took my truck on every trail and every line he did. He has some advantages, for instance he was able to see more than I can, and my rig is much heavier than his, but my H2 did everything his rig did, on some pretty difficult trails.

When it comes to the most difficult rock trails though, the solid axle still has the advantage......strength and articulation are the prime ones.

Neither of us had to tow our rigs down, but on the drive home....the Hummer out performed the Jeep in comfort, speed, hill climbing, passing, etc, etc.

We had a blast running the two different rigs together.