View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why is a JK Wrangler So Much Better

Wpage,

The Unlimited JK is a good rig. It wheels very well and in my opinion has the ultimate wheelbase for Moab. My H2 was hanging a tire over soft cliff edges too many times for my taste. Wouldn't trade it though.

The JK is a solid rig all around. It wheels very well and can be made outstanding, it rides much better on the road than previous Wranglers. It is very serious competition for the H3.

It is not as luxurious or comfortable as the H3. It is not as refined on the road.

The H3 can come close to the off road ability, but IMO will not be able to match the Rubicon, all else being equal. The upcoming H3 front locker will help.....but in my opinion the articulation available with the Jeep will keep it ahead off road. Jeeps after-market is far larger and more diverse than the Hummers is also.

So what? Most people out there will never need all the ability that is already offered by either vehicle.

The Unlimited existed only as a Jeep lovers fantasy until the H3 came along, after the Unlimited Rubicon was built, Hummer added a cast iron front differential and locker to the H3.

The competition between these companies is very good for the consumers of both brands. I want them to build the H4 (the right way ).

For the record, many Jeepers have been surprised by what the Hummers can actually do......most have heard too much B.S........that they believe.

Last edited by RuggedH2 : 04-10-2008 at 06:57 PM.