View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 02:02 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rear Brake/Axle Groan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm3
I was the passenger on that drive, so I don't know if it was the same as before with the brake pedal feeling, too. It had sounded the same as all the other times, though. I cringed and said, "Ohhhhh no ...". It was a pretty steep grade, though, and a very fast stop. I made a hard stop yesterday which SHOULD have made the groan (if the groan was going to happen) .. but, it didn't. I've never hit the brakes hard enough (in my opinion) to make the antilocks engage. Is it a similar sound, in your opinion?

silence is nice

Kinda similar.Grrr grrr gr
But different Gaaar gaar gar
Next time it rains/snows or in dirt(or the dry road if your a little crazy )get up to about 25 to 30 MPH and slam the brakes and hold it (no pumping ),you will here/feel it
Make sure no ones behind you, or use a parking lot.

Its good to check out how the brakes stop during a panic stop.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.