View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Upgrading the interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgharkness020147
I hope that cost is not an issue if you actually were to perform this upgrade. The dog house alone on a 99-00ish H1 is about a grand at the dealer, and thats just the dog house. You would also need to change out the shifter, again factor at least 500.00 for that piece. See what I'm saying? Your at 1500.00 for two pieces and NOWHERE close to having an 04+ interior. The switches are not all in the same locations, and it would take a bit of work to retrofit them, not too bad though. The gauges are not the same, no idea how hard it would be to convert them. I would say to do this whole project you would be at about ten grand. Personally I would just wait til an 04 is in your price range.
I know that it will cost a lot, but my thinking is picking up an H1 now, and enjoying it. Five years down the road, it might be a project I would undertake then. That way, I have an H1 in the meantime. It's not like the interior pre-2004 is horrible, not in the least. I just like the post-2004 interior more. So I can live with it. I was just wondering, so that down the road, if it did become feasible, that it would be at least technically possible. I appreciate your input, and that's the sort of information I was looking for.