View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 04:29 AM
Hummer Veteran

MisterMark is off the scale
Default Re: Hummer--the Big Car for Losers

This guy gave a great response to Rob Kall's tantrum. He is to be commended (and it's clear by Rob Kall's response that he doesn't even know the difference between the H1 and the H3):

Small Minds = Biggest Losers

I feel a natural contempt response to anyone who can't understand another person's interests and instead decides to label them as losers. Just because someone has different values than yours doesn't make your values the right ones.

A lot of people do drive HUMMERs just to be different, nothing more nothing less. A smaller segment owns them because of their capabilities. I seriously doubt more than a handful drive them to intentionally waste resources.

You might be thinking, "why would you ever need to be able to go off road in one of those things." You'd probably be right about 2/3 of the HUMMER owners. But for the remainder, you're just facing a mental barrier of intolerance of other people's hobbies and professions.

There are quite a few HUMMER owners who use them for their off road capabilities. Most probably do this recreationally, but some are professionals and volunteers in rescue and disaster response organizations.

If you still whining about why anyone should even want go off road in any motorized vehicle, then you are certainly deserved of my contempt for your narrow mindedness.

by evaneaston (0 articles, 1 comments) on Monday, July 10, 2006 at 9:40:23 PM

Last edited by MisterMark : 07-13-2006 at 07:43 AM.