View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Hummer Professional

31_bandits is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why the FJ Cruiser is no Threat to the H3

Also, to go along with that, Hummers are sort of on the opposite end of the spectrum of reviewer-darlins, like say BMW or Toyota or Honda.

a beemer will always get a good review, always. and they will get more than they deserve from reviewers, because reviewers tend to follow other reviewers and blah blah blah.

hummers are on the other end of the spectra. they tend to get "knocked" far more than is deserved. Outside of the H2, i think the H3 is the most underrated truck on the road.

From jpmagazine articles with no purpose beyond a) hummer bashing and b) whining about the cost of hummers to reviews by car magazine writers whining because hummers don't go 0-60 in 5 seconds, they rarely seem to get a fair shake.

And perhaps that leads to people wanting to stick up for their hummers a bit as well.

Short of interior space (only a bit worse than a typical other full-size SUV, and necessarily, as the H2 is shortened to produce those awesome offroad dimensions) & acceleration, the H2 gives up basically nothing to other Lux SUVs. Its quieter than an '06 Escalade (i measured both on the same road with an SPL meter about 20 minutes apart) on the highway, its more comfortable than any other vehicle on the planet in the front seats (personal opinion, of course). And it drives like an extremely well behaved truck, and isn't as carlike as other big SUVs can be (range or escalade). but you know what? it IS a truck, and i prefer the H2s driving behavior to that of the sports-car-fast Escalade. I accept that others might have a different opinion.

But find a review, and people will slander everything about the H2 to no end. why? preconception maybe?

and perhaps that leads people to stick up for their hummers a bit as well.

shrug

but i for one, and i think others also, don't hate/aren't hating other vehicles.

but sometimes reacting to the jeep thign with generally funny commentary.