Thread: In The Press
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2003, 08:22 PM

SJ is off the scale

Jason:

I don't know where you're getting your propaganda, but SUVs are safer than cars!!!! It is a complete farse that SUVs are not safe. The whole anti-SUV campaign is pushed by the Left Wing Socio-Nazis that love to attack anything that does not fit within their packaged agenda.

- The fact is that only 4% of accidents result in a rollover. Yes, SUVs have a higher center of gravity than cars, but most collisions are front and side impact where SUVs are able to absorb impact better than the average car.

- SUVs require greater braking distances and are less maneuverable than the average car; none of us can argue against these facts. Drivers of SUVs compensate for these attributes by allowing more distance from front bumper to leading vehicles and by anticipating speed vs. stopping.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:What folks like you fail to realize is that we live in a consumer driven economy. Consumers decide what suits their needs best and the people have spoken: Trucks and SUVs are outselling cars as you read this! If you don't care for a free-market economy, then Kim Jong Il has a place for you in North Korea!

I saw a guy driving a Toyota Prius yesterday with the license pate IH8SUVS. This guy is probably looking at my H2 and thinking I'm a jerk for buying a 10-12mpg rig. Well, I'm not exactly fond of his putting another Japanese car on our roads.

The difference is that I respect his and your rights and I don't go out of my way to push my agenda or be offensive to my fellow American. You and Toyota boy are the same in my book because you have to protest everything that shouts freedom of choice or "USA."

If you'll excuse me, I'm about to drive home in my American SUV/Truck then watch bull riding and have an American whiskey on the rocks.

CLOROX
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png