View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 07:14 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, well, I had an H2 in '03 an H1 in '04 and now a Touareg.

The h2 was a cool vehicle, very capable, well designed out of the chute and the best stock vehicle for all around off-roading. The h2 is NOT a rock crawler but can easily do the John Bull Trail (I've watched it) without any mods. There is much needed improvement on quality as far as I'm concerned though. The rust underneath really pissed me off and the numerous rattles drove me nuts. There should have been more standard features for the money.

The h1 was a blast but sat in the shop too much. The H1 will go anywhere but often times is pretty dramatic about it. Definitely a point and go vehicle not afraid to hit side slopes, which concerned me in my h2. The h1 was however, in the shop all the time and I had an '03 model. I sold it when the rear locker stayed engaged and ruined my two rear tires. AMG would not cover it.

I love my touareg. It has GOOD off-road abilities and the quality is far better than my h2 ever had not to mention standard features you would only find in a lexus or more expensive vehicle. My next vehicle will be a jeep rescue if they produce it.