View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gauge Cluster, low tire pressure light and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack
I went onto the beach with the truck last week and aired down the tires before I went out there. The Low Tire Pressure light came on, which made sense. After wheeling, I aired back up. The light stayed on, but after I turned the truck off and started it again, the light did not come back on. That seemed right. Now, the Low Tire Pressure light keeps popping on. Seems to be random. When I start the truck, sometimes it comes on, sometimes it doesn't. Anyone know what the issue is here?

The two other things I've had happen with the gauge cluster deal with the whole thing. Once, driving down the road I looked at my speed and noticed the entire cluster was dead. Nothing was working. That only happend once, about two months ago. Then, last week, I looked down while driving and noticed all the idiot lights were one. In this case, everything was working. That has only happened once also. WTF is up with my gauge cluster?

The truck goes in next Saturday to have the steering shaft replaced and they are checking into this, but I was hoping someone here can tell me what the issue is so I can tell them.

Thanks!

donno about the entire cluster, maybe its faulty or maybe its just a loose connection, since it happened only once. if heard of this before, donno what the fix was, but its not dangerous or anything as far as i know.

as for the LTP if its not related to the cluster issue, and i dont know if it is or not, you might not have aired back up as much as you should have. you might have done this already but make sure your tires are at the correct presure when cold. sounds like you may be rigth on the treshhold.

good luck