View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 01:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

Guppy is off the scale
Default Another Torsion Bar Question...

Ok, its my turn to ask about the Torsion Bar Adjustment... I have done all the searches on here and its come down to Two main topics. One says adjust the TBars by cranking the bolts 2 1/2 turns clockwise. Another says to Crank the Tbars no more then 23.5"

Turning the bolts 2 1/2 time is easy to do but,,, how do you know that it comes out to 23.5 inches? It has been advised not to go over this as you may create issues on other components. How do you measure and where do you measure? I have seen pictures of who to Jack up the Truck and where the Tbar bolts are, but no pics or explanations on how and where to measure... Also what about this whole "Bump Stop" change issue I have also read about?

I am getting some 35" MT's put on and wanted to do the TBar adjustment first... So any help would be great.

Thanks in advance
2006 Yellow H3 Adventure Package with 35" Firestone Destination MT Tires, Torsion Bar Adjustment, Trail Duty Extended Bump Stops, Chrome Trim Package, XM radio, 6 Disc Monsoon Stereo, Marker Lights, Brush Guard, Chrome Nerf Bars.
www.centexhummerclub.com