View Single Post
Old 02-21-2003, 10:03 PM
\"Hummer\", heh, heh \

\

SJ: "...You're again pointing to lobbyists and committees that do not speak for SUV/Truck owners."

SJ: "Would I like a 6-passenger rig that gets 40mpg and pollutes less than a squirrel breaking wind? Damn straight, I'd jump for joy. Until that day comes, what do you propose we do as SUV/Truck owners? Shall we drive Honda Insights and stuff 2 people on the roof along with all our gear. "

The problem is that it's unreasonable for me to argue that people should not buy SUV's because they are wasteful because in some cases (probably less than 10% of the time) the buyer actually does need the capability.

On the other hand, if you use that as an excuse to never raise the issues, then the lobbiests get to continue running amok, unopposed, exacerbating the problem.

Let's be reasonable here. I am not an irrational absolutist saying that SUV's should be banned.

In return, SUV owners need show a little less contempt for the issue. There are many ways to be helpful, even if you really do personally need an SUV.

-Jason