View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

Luv2Camp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GM: No Dexron VI ATF in Transfer Case

SO, NOW I AM REALLY FRUSTRATED... After hearing my dealer tell me that I should use DEX6, I decided today to call GM to get their opinion. I was informed that I shoulod use DEX6 in the transfer case and they referred me to look at bulletin 04-07-30-037D. I asked if they could fax or e-mail me the doc and was told they could not but to trust that DEX6 would be fine for the transfer case. I advised that I was aware of a TSB that stated specifically that DEX6 should not be used on the transfer case. HE placed me on hold and spoke with his manager and came back and assured me DEX6 was the correct application. I pulled the above bulletin up on line and I was surprised to read that this does not apply to manual transmissions or transfer cases. I called GM back and again they placed me on hold and came back and said that I should use DEX6 based on the bulletin. I read the section to him that specifically states that DEX6 should not be used in the transfer case. His response was not to worry and to use DEX6 and it will nto cause any problems. WOW I AM NOT TAKING THEiR ADVICE!!!!