View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Hummer Professional

BACKNBLACK is off the scale
Default Re: PLEASE HELP, Rattles ugh !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleAg
I'll agree with Ducky on this, although I don't have the benefit of his experience (I'm only 46 and my hearing is good).

I have my second H3. The first one was an early manufacture '06 model and it never had a rattle at all. 20 months and 40k miles and it was still tight and noise free.

Second one is at 37k and one small rattle has just started. It is in the headliner right at the junction over the drivers door. Not very noisy, but in a bad place (right by my ear). Going back to the dealer as soon as I can manage to part with it for a few days.

Overall, both are the tightest, quietest SUV's I've ever owned (includes a Lexus RX300 that had dash rattle early on).

I anticipate number 3 being the same....

HUmble, Have you and ducky ever taken them off-road. I wonder if its only when you wheel these trucks they begin to rattle..lol. I make my Hummer twist in positions that would be illegal in some states and after every event I creak and crack more :-)

We should start a vote/poll for creaks and Rattles so we can get an idea of how many actually do.
Number# 11 2007 H3x Desert Orange

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
2009 H3T Alpha Solar Flare