View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 02:45 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LoJac963's Deuce Build

Ok gents here we go. LED's came in today....well now yesterday ugh. I've been working on this for probably about 7 hours so far.

Some issues here and there, definitely not as easy as I thought and may be in a little over my head with all this.

So here's some pics of whats done so far. The colors are much darker in person, dark blue and dark red.

Driver Door controls:

Passenger seat heater controls:

Steering wheel buttons:

Headlight, rear washer controls:

Now here is the circuit board from the radio. I didn't mind ripping it all apart because I needed to replace 2 buttons with white showing through that were there when I bought the truck:

Radio complete:

TC2 buttons:

Best pic I can get of the 4x4 selector buttons. This set uses a big clear plastic reflector to direct the light to all the buttons. As you can see they are barely lit so I have to figure something out with that....

Oh and now my two steering wheel controls on the top are doing crazy things to the radio-I'm waiting for some solder wick to arrive tomorrow because I know I some how got some solder on one of the button contacts so I'm hoping all that is.

So now that the steering wheel controls and radio are done I have come to the conclusion these LED's are TOO BRIGHT!!! If I turn the dimmer down a bit then slight dark spots show in addition to them still being bright. The reason I didn't buy the diffused LED's is because the mcd was about half of the clear water lens. Game plan now is to order some blue diffused and use them in the climate controls and see how they look compared to the radio.

So far its going good, not looking forward to redoing the radio if I decide to keep the diffused LED's...ugh.

I'll keep this thread updated!