View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Master Flow MF-1050 Air Compressor Installation w/ pics

Hey FourFourto and JP\'s-H3 -

I dont think jp's been here for a couple months,I think I read he sold his H3

Has the shower cap/condom worked like you expected it to?

I havent had the pleasere of a muddy engine compartment yet,so I didnt try out the cap.You have to rotate compressor when installing and it seems a little mud shouldnt mess it up.If you know your going through mud I would cover it.

How has the fuse box cover held up to the weight of the compressor?

So far know problems I was bouncing good on the woop de do's on the back trails at the beach no problems.

How have the plumbed air lines held up? Are they as accessable as you had expected?

No leaks I did mine different than Jp.I used hard air brake lines and fittings from a tractor trailer(freebee from my brother at fed ex.) jp used rubber hose.

Have you found anything you would do differently now that you've lived with it for a while?

I did replace the dental floss string holding the rubber plug for fitting on the frame.I used the chain from a toilet conected to a spark plug boot(cut down,and sealed with eye loop on end) to protect male fitting on frame from dirt.

my brother made sugestion of moving the air gauge to top fitting and using the gauge hole to run line towards passanger side and loop behind battery.
Make sure you have 45 ,and 90 deg fittings on hand.
Make sure you dont drill that 4th hole in cover.
Make sure theres room to remove air filter for removal of compressor.

I moved the male fitting on the compressor to ther frame(special type it has to fit to hose)jp did it by cutting off female hose end and using it up top with standard fittings .
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.