View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 08:02 PM
Elcova Rookie

DaveH3nj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wind noise on new H3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm3
DaveNJ, the original marker light kits put on the 06's caused a loud noise when going over 50mph...like wind or flapping sounds. Then, evidently a 'fix kit' came out to rectify the problem. My dealer parts person told me it was a NEW set, not a fix. <grrrrrr> Anyways, the newest 'fix kit' is on hold, so no one can get marker lights until the problem is found and solved. Were your marker lights already on the vehicle when you bought it .. or, did you have them put them on before you took delivery of it? Either way, you may have the problem ones since the new ones aren't out yet. Marker lights, air leak in windshield, or cracked roof rail (between rail and A Pillar). Good luck and post what you find out.

Hmmm3, thanks for the info. The lights on my vehicle were already there when I found/bought it. I did call the dealer/service dept. today and they said they were well aware of the problem and to just bring it in. I'll post what happens.