View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: tire inflator question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
I use that exact on on my extra airhose I use at the beach(they suppy about 10 air stations but only 2 hoses),I find it a little off ,and sometimes that clip is a pain in the a$$,it saves time at the beach to air up though.

I use a digital gauge(not sure what brand , acugauge i think its not a cheap one not expensive either)I check and adust the following morning and it works well.
I also have the masterflow compressor with a airhose I use it when im in the boonies and find the gauge on that is off a little to.
I usually put in 37lbs (hot) then
again I check following day with the digital and adjust to 35lbs (cold)

I would get a good digital gauge

Well, my main problem with MP6000 inflator is that the chuck is too deep and there is not enough of stem on some of my tires. So I will never "lock" tight enough to get the air into the tire, it just hisses all around the stem. Today at Walmart I bought a simple double sided, thin and shallow chuck as temporary solution, plus analog gauge. Funny thing - Amazon sells this MP6000 inflator for $25.44, and Walmart has it for under $15; first time I saw Amazon being more expensive then local retail..

I still want a decent inflator pistol with gauge. Separate digital gauge is a good idea I guess -they're probably pretty accurate. I have Campbell Hausfeld compressor/tank, for use in the garage. That is pretty nice that you guys have inflation stations on the beach - how convenient. BTW, how do you attach your own hose? Do they use quick-disconnect fittings (I'd think), or you have to screw it on?