View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Black wheels for H3

Thanks for the compliments! Yeah, the spatter damage honestly was the bigger concern. A couple of buddies of mine whom own garages stated the police likely would not bother me as there are numerous vehicles running around with much bigger wheel/tire offset issues. However, my brother (a deputy in another county in PA) stated the local police there would harass me to no end. I guess it depends on where you live.

I forgot to mention that the mud flaps also were part of the fender flare kit and are molded to incorporate the fit of both.

I am not sure if you can tell in the photos, but I had a local shop shoot the front panel of the rear fenders with a Rhino-like product. The product prevents further fender gouges from spatter as several other owners in this forum have done and it looks really cool. The difference is that this product stays somewhat plyable, unlike the Rhino product I had sprayed on the brush and bumper guards as well as the tow hooks. I even had a stranger come up to me one day just to comment on that portion (fender shots) of the product. I have run the truck through several high pressure car washes with no negative effect on the product.