Thread: Break Issue?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Break Issue?

Theres a few threads on this . If I lube the rear brackes at every tire rotation it stays away.Although I think I hear it now and then.

link http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ht=Brake+noise

F5 put this up on the X forum

Subject: Brakes Grunt, Groan, Grinding Noise from Rear When Vehicle Comes to a Stop (Refinish Rear Rotors) #07-05-23-004 - (09/26/2007)
Models: 2006-2008 HUMMER H3

Condition
Some customers may comment on a grunt, groan or grinding noise coming from the rear of the vehicle when coming to a stop.

Cause
Rotor corrosion generates a slip-stick condition transferring vibration through the suspension.

REPLACE THE ROTORS ONLY IF THE ROTOR THICKNESS IS BELOW THE MINIMUM THICKNESS SPEC AFTER REFINISH.

Refinish the rear rotors by removing 0.4 mm from both rear rotor surfaces.

Do not replace the brake pads unless the condition requires it (i.e. excessively worn, damaged, or contaminated).

If the noise persists, a brake dampening compound may be applied to the back of each pad. This allows parts to slide freely and not vibrate when moving relative to each other.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.

Last edited by fourfourto : 02-04-2008 at 11:32 PM.