View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Supercharger fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxICExXx
I try to look through the old threads before asking questions already answered 10000000 times

I'm considering adding the TVS1900 or the TVS2300 to my H2. The shop that i'm looking at using has done many of both to the corvettes and escalades (can't remember if he said he's done a hummer, but escalade is the same drive train). Said those guys have been BEATING the Crap outta theirs and no tranny problems at all

the difference between the two is one is 7 PSI and the other is 10 PSI.

I am curious if the gas consumption will be worse, but really with this SUV can't see it getting worse LOL ... I have found the 6.2 with that 6 speed tranny is much better on gas then the 6.0 with 4 speed.. I owned a 2003 and now the 2008, well worth the change!
I think there's a 'potential' for some minimal fuel savings...but as you increase the performance the 'potential' of gettin' up in the gas also increases. Those two tend to cancel each other out...lol.

6.2 and the 6L80 are definitely a more appropriate combination for a truck this size (IMO) since they didn't wanna give us a Duramax/Allison out the door.

Good luck...