View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Hummer Professional

FLYINGBADGER2006 is off the scale

Back in the day when I owned a 02 Ford Explorer I used to check to the Explorer Forum from time to time. One particular post which I found really interesting. Was a few people had disabled the all time 4 wheel drive by removing fuse "19" in the main fuse box. As some models of Explorers had full time all wheel drive. They were able to pull the fuse out to disengage the electronic transfer case in the front axle. This enabled the X to run on the rear drive only. The only recourse was a few people were saying the "Fasten seatbelt light" on the dash was illuminated all the time or it was the parking brake light on the instrument cluster was on. I decided to do this and I experienced the same light indications on the dash. But I was finally was able to do doughnuts in the parking lot and my gas mileage improved as well. I basically have made my Explorer into a 2 wheel drive only and no mechanical issues at all. Even after I had drove my Explorer for 5 months in this condition until I traded it in on the H3. I'm wondering if this can be done with the H3? I know some of you are hardcore off roaders, and disabling the 4wd is sacrilegious and all but I am just asking you technical gurus if this was possible. I would figured that pulling a fuse out effects the entire electrical system. But not sure to what degree on the Hummer. Anyone have any theories? F5 what’s your input Sir?
I know you will advise against it and I would value that. But just wondering if there is a certain fuse that would disable the front wheel drive on the H3?
Victory Red, Auto,Lux, Cashm w/ eb interior, tow pkg, BFG all terr 285/75/16 incl. spare, black side step bars, SMA chrome hood handles, Kenwood DVD, K&N Air Intake, McCulloch 8000K H.I.D. headlights, Custom made 100% sheepskin seat covers, Dual DVD headrests,SMA dual exhaust,Roof marker lights.