View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by TheArchiTexan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
I know a lot of people who have had, or currently have Monsoon systems; I'm one, and after a few months, no blown speakers. And I have been known to play it loud when on the way to work.
within a year or so you will see..when i got mine i was like "whats the big deal, soounds good" Then one day BOOM! and from then on ive been like this about monsoon system: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, I know people who have had a Monsoon for years, in their pontiacs, and no problem with speakers. Some are a lot younger and listen to the heavy bass RAP stuff too.
Any speaker, on any system, no matter how good can go bad. But to say they will all go bad needs something other than one person's experience.

Just my opinion.

MIKE: You will have to go to the dealer and have them remove the radio, and send out for repairs.

However, the repair facility will attempt to get your CDs out and return to the dealer.

Here is a bulletin you can use to refresh the dealer's memory.

Warranty Admin. - Return or Reimbursement of Customer Owned CDs, DVDs, Cassette Tapes and/or CD Magazines #05-08-44-024 - (Jul 29, 2005)
Return or Reimbursement of Customer Owned CDs, DVDs, Cassette Tapes and/or CD Magazines
2006 and Prior GM Passenger Cars and Trucks

2006 and Prior HUMMER H2

2006 HUMMER H3

2006 and Prior Saturn Vehicles (Canada Only)

2006 and Prior Saab Vehicles (Canada Only)

Service and Parts Managers

Effective July 1, 2005, the Electronic Service Centers (ESCs) will attempt to retrieve and return customer owned CDs, DVDs, cassette tapes, and CD magazines stuck, jammed, or damaged in a defective unit sent to an ESC. If upon waiting a reasonable time, and the personal property has not been returned, the dealer may reimburse the customer for the cost of the personal property. Reimbursement may also be made if the personal property is returned damaged.

Dealer Actions Required

• Notify the ESC at time of order that the unit being sent in contains stuck/jammed personal property.

• Provide the ESC with the customer's name, address, and description of the personal property.

• Advise the customer that all efforts will be made to return the personal property. If the personal property is not received in a reasonable time, advise the customer to contact the dealership for reimbursement.

• To process a reimbursement, obtain reasonable documentation from the customer regarding the item's current value. This may consist of a receipt or estimate from a reputable source. Reimburse the customer the agreed upon value. Submit a claim via the WINS system using the following information:

- Labor Operation -- Z1241

- Parts -- $0.00

- Regular Hours -- 0.2 hr

- Other Hours -- 0.0 hr

- Net Item -- Actual value of lost or damaged personal property

- Claim Type -- None