View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 04:38 PM

crash is off the scale

Not all of us NON H2 owners are here to be hostile, just point out the facts
Here are the facts as I see it.
I work on H2's, I know them inside/out and certified on them. I also build off-road specific rigs, from toys-jeeps (if you would like to see my work then ask). I know for a fact what base vehicles work, what don't, and what it takes to modify/make them work.
I am a die hard toy guy, and have spent years developing/building them, but I am also open minded torwards what else is out there, and I see alot of erogance. But, I will also be hanging around to hopefully answer questions when they pop up..

Some of us wheel to get out, some of us, its our lifestyle..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
Drtyfn.....you bastard! You made me laugh so hard I almost choked.

As for the rest of the forum...when are we going to learn to just ignore these "vistors" who sooooooo clearly have a hostile agenda? Time and again we've watched other forums come here to boast their brand and put us in our place.

As a general rule...I tend to avoid anyone ranked as rookie or novice. And when they start telling us how the H2 sucks...that should be a clue that they're not "friendly's"

Toyota IS a solid vehicle....but OH MY GOD is that a tiny-tight fit of a cabin: way narrow, cramped and lacking comfort....an absolute hell to take on any lengthy journey, adventure or outting. The door panels are waffer-thin. Until you've driven in an H2...you just don't know what you're missing! It's like comparing spam to prime-choice steak. Mmmmm....steak.....

I am impressed with the Taccoma's clearance and it has a reasonable approach angle....but unless you clip the tail, she'll drag and get hung-up all day. Course, the only real offroading Toyota would be the FJ-series!

The Tacoma is the prime choice for pool-cleaning service, pizza deliver or a hack carpenter who'll never be a foreman cause he's flakey, sloppy, stupid and only half the craftsman he thinks he is.

As for CrapusTuRD...get real boy! That thing would tip right over in a heart-beat. You're CG is way too high AND your "built" modifications take you way beyond the design/warranty of the vehicle...putting undo stresses on components and causing all sorts of regular breakages. Do YOU know what you're talking about?????? Bet you're traction control system works well too...opps...ya don't have one? You may be the king of the mud-bog....but any sideslope and you're going over!

The H2 is not the King of the offroad world, it does lack clearance and has its weaknesses....but what rig doesn't?. It's really quite simple...if you enjoy what you have, that's all that matters.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

certified H2 tech.