View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kerry insults every man and woman in uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
I have the right to speak, as do you, but this is true in MANY countries, so don't act like it's just the US. ...

Sure, you have a constitutional right to be stupid. You exercise it well.

After the partial collapse of Europe, around 1919, the U.S. became the leading power in the world. At the time, there were seven democracies on the planet. The U.S. solidified its role as the leader of the world in the 1940s, when it took the world through one of its darkest periods in which 55,000,000 people were murdered. We did this by sacrificing appx 400,000 of our citizens to defeat real tyranny. Over the decades, the U.S. has set up or facilitated the emergence and growth of many of the democracies that currently exist. That's what we are trying to do in Iraq. Succeed or fail, we are trying to replace a brutal butcher with a democratic government. Presently, after decades of the U.S.'s military, economic, and political leadership, there are now more than 100 democracies in the world That would not have happened if the Russians, Chinese, French, Germans, Canadians, Dutch or anyone else had been running the show.

Further, we are the only solitary example in world history of a nation or empire that has had the absolute, virtually uncontested ability to colonize and take territory from others (it would take us about 5 weeks to conquer all of North and South America for example, and no one could do anything about it), which has NOT exercised that power. If I'm wrong give me another example. You can't. We're the good guys.

Quote:
Blah, blah, blah, ...You end up with a situation that none of us want to be in, fascism. ... Is your SS going to come after me, and silence me because I don't agree? Are they going to try to make me fit?

I hear few things more ignorant these days than comparing conservatives or Republicans in this great country to the Nazis. Do they kill millions of our own citizens? Do they terrorize and gas us and make lampshades out of our skin? Just because Mrs.ssippi correctly recognizes your expressed remarks as moronic, it doesn't follow that she is part a movement similar to the one, which, 60 years ago, murdered and humiliated millions of people out of racial hatred and thirst for political power. Criticizing idiotic comments is not comparable to that. To make such a suggestion is just further idiocy.

Quote:
And mindless drone=/=American. ... I'd move to North Korea or Iran

Do now!