View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Hummer Novice

PzYkED is on a distinguished road
Default Temporary/Permament fix to Air Suspension Problem

Hi!

I am a new member to this forum, been reading up on a bunch of things here at this forum for almost a year (A lot of helpful threads here, thx for that all ).

Finally decided it was about time to contribute and make myself known here .

I have had trouble with the air suspension for a long time, ever since i purchased the H2 about 1,5 years ago (just love this truck btw).

The first things i tried was to "help" the compressor by using an external air source to fill up the airbags using the outlet in the cargo area.

This helped raising it to proper level, but it would lose air after some days of driving. First i thought i had a leak somewhere in the bags or something.

I then put it in the extended ride height mode, and removed the relay near the front drivers side wheel and disconnecting the connectors to the compressor.

This worked and drove with extended ride height for almost 6 months without it the rear dropping at all.

Just recently i figured it was worth a try to do the same thing at normal ride height + about 1 inch higher than normal. The way i did that was reconnecting all the cables and relay. Then lower it down to normal by driving fast enough to let the system adjust down to normal height, then i measured the rear height and pressed the extended ride height button, helped it along by using external compressor and cut the power to the H2 (disconnected battery) when it had raised about 1 inch above normal ride height. Removed relay and connectors, then connected battery.

I have now been driving it like this for about 3 weeks without any leak or "service air suspension" message.

My impression is that the problem i have had with the H2 dropping is purely that the compressor is not strong enough anymore and instead of adjusting the height properly when connected, it lets air out trough the compressor system when it is connected and constantly running at times to fix minor adjustments to ride height.

So, i guess maybe i can keep the air system and bags, although it will be in a fixed position it will still ride like it should and i have the option to use an external compressor to get it to higher or lower ride height if i need it.

Hope this can help someone in the same situation as i had with the constant worry of the H2 suddenly dropping in the rear.

Included a pic the H2
Attached Images