View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 04:09 AM
Hummer Novice

clsimmon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Temporary/Permament fix to Air Suspension Problem

After about 30 miles after just replacing my air springs my 2003 has all of a sudden lost all air in the suspension and is currently sitting on the bump stops. Service Suspension light came on, but I can't get it to show any longer. I don't have any codes in DTC which seems strange; even in history.

Compressor runs non-stop, and with the engine running tailgate open, I get good pressure from the schrader valve in the cargo compartment when I enable the compressor switch. So, it appears the compressor is doing its job, but why wouldn't the air bags inflate?

I thought about hooking an external compressor up to the cargo outlet to help me troubleshoot finding the leak, but i'm concerned I will blow a 1-way pressure valve doing something like that.

Is it a common airline from schrader valve in the cargo area to suspension springs, or does the cargo area have it's own line, and the suspension springs have their own lines and control?

If it was a common airline, wouldn't that be a bad design, because airing a tire up, would in fact deflate the suspension; correct? They must be on separate lines. Any ideas why I have good pressure in the cargo area, but not in the air springs? Any ideas on troubleshooting? I don't hear air leaking anywhere.

Thanks!