View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 01:10 AM
Hummer Professional

Gooey Gaybob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tellico Pics...Slickrock OWNED!!!

Ok so the pic of the Jeep I would agree is ownage, or pwn3d or whatever you intrerweb geeks want to call it.

I have no problem with the word "own" at all. It is just open to much speculation and debate over what is actually "owning" a trail. Let's take the Rubicon for example(mostly because it is a trail I have ran and know fairly well). So I would think that owning the Rubicon would be to not take any bypasses and run all the optional lines. Lines like Soup Bowl, Little Sluice, and Old Sluice. If you ran all these and got through them without winching or stacking rocks I would say you owned the Rubicon. Anything less would be up for debate. Is it running the whole trail without breaking even though you didn't run any of the hard stuff? Or is it not getting any body damage? I don't know. This is where the debate and and drama begins.

But the one thing for sure is that bragging about running a particular trail is in my opinion pretty lame and egotistical. If you ran the trail, great, if you didn't do any body damage or break anything, even better, kudos if you did this on a difficult trail. But to come out and imply that you are extra cool because you ran a trail is lame. Like I said, it doesn't matter what you drive or where you drove it. Just get out there, take some pics, and have fun along the way. Leave the grandstanding and drama to the kids who don't know any better.

Again, this is just my opinion, but I know for a fact that many people share the same opinion as I do.

Please carry on.....

Bringing you completely worthless posts for over 2 years.