View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LoJac963's Deuce Build

Finally got my trailing arms installed last night. These are from 3C FAB and were drastically cheaper than Hotchis and Edelbrock so I thought I'd give them a shot. They have zerks to grease them and have Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings.

Here was the first issue:

Apparently in 2006 the bolts went 2mm larger so the bushing sleeves I had were too small. I contacted the seller who promptly called Energy Suspension and had 4 larger bushing sleeves sent to me. I pushed out the old sleeves and put the larger sleeves in and problem solved.

Here's a pic of the new arms:

Now install instructions from one of the other forums tech section couldn't have been further from the truth. Passenger side goes in very quickly but the driver side had me covered in oil and dirt not to mention the amount of swearing that went on for over an hour.

Basically in order to get the front bolt out you have to completely drop the gas tank not just the skid plate for the tank-that added significant time onto the install. However once the gas tank is out of the way and a couple other brackets are removed I finally had the new arm installed.

Driver side pic:

Passenger side pic:

I went with the Super Silver II powdercoat. I wanted something to stand out a bit but not screaming loud like red for instance. They match my Purple Cranium diff protector pretty close.

I've read new arms will decrease the rattle and hopping of the rear tires when going over bumps so today I nailed a speed bump and I kid you not the rear tires went over the bump and that was the end of it. No rattling the interior or bouncing in the rear. Definitely worth the money!!