View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2ummer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SUT Tonneau Cover Install Instructions and Photos

I decided to put the Tonneau Cover (PN 12499433) on my SUT even though many had said "Take it to the dealer".
I ran into one issue and diverted from the Instructions. I thought it would be a better job than the way they said to to do. This involves installing some weatherproofing behind the Sail panels (See Do First 1). They have you pull back the Sails at the bottom, and try to work blindly with just your fingertips. So I just removed the Sails and put the weatherproofing on while the parts were in my lap. Below are the instructions followed by some install photos. It took me 4-5 hours to put it on, but could do another one much quicker, after learning what I was doing. I have been pleased with the outcome.
I purchased the Tonneau Cover from an Online dealer for right at $1,000 delivered to my doorstep. Shipping costs a bit, as it is about the size of a twin size mattress while it is in the box. The Retainer Clips (PN 11588882), that are needed if you pull the Sail Panel completely off I also got online for about $50 delivered.

Here are the instructions:

Do First 1 Do First 2 Install 1 Install 2 Install 3 Install 4 Install 5 Install 6

The Photos right after the break.

Last edited by H2ummer : 02-01-2009 at 09:57 PM.