Thread: Bio-Diesel H1
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bio-Diesel H1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhummerguy
Does anyone know a better injector pump to use that will stand up to using b100? Mine just went out and he dealership is quoting over 4K to replace it with labor. I dont want to put the same thing back in and just have it keep going out.

Get the truck the hell out of the dealer ASAP. I know the stealerships charge 4K for the pump, and that is downright insane. Send the truck to an authorized stanadyne shop. The pump will cost 1000-1200, and authorized stanadyne dealers should have a flat rate install of 500.00. Call stanadyne to verify that, thats how they did it a few years ago. Either way, its the same pump for a whole lot less coin.

What I would recommend doing is buying a pump with the "arctic it" installed in it. The arctic kit replaces the brass and plastic components in the pump with stainless steel and ceramic parts. The arctic pumps have been known to go for well over 250K without failure. If you have a hard time locating an arctic pump let me know, I can put you in touch with someone that should be able to provide you with one.

-007=