Thread: Bio-Diesel H1
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 05:45 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bio-Diesel H1

Holy sh!t! I have never heard of a dealer be willing to match prices. Props to them.

I had a falling out with my service dept about four years ago. My first visit there I spent over 4K. OK, fine I knew it wasn't going to be cheap to keep. I continued to send the truck their way, spent more money. As time wore on I became less and less satisfied with the quality of their work, and even more frustrated at their lack of customer service.

The final straw for me was sending them the truck for a T-case recall; I had to fight with them tooth and nail to get them to perform the recall at no charge, and had to go as far as to call HUMMER corporate and force them to honor it. Upon picking the truck up after having the recall performed it was very obvious that they didn't exactly give it 100%. The T-case had been pried open with a screw driver, the exhaust shields were rattling like crazy, they tried to con my out of 400.00 for a new tire that they "couldn't balance", and the shifter button was broken.

I politely told the service writer that I was less than thrilled with the quality of the work my truck got when it was last in the shop, that I had spent a good chunk of change in there, and I wanted the issues I was having taken care of. I had them fix the exhaust, had another shop balance the tire, and told them to fix the shifter button. I was told that they would fix it.... For about a grand.

I informed the service writer that the button worked fine when the truck was dropped off, had never given me a problem, and that I expected it fixed free of charge. He told me no, I told him either fix it or I'm walking and I wont be back to your service department again. Four years later... I have yet to return.

-007=