View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Easy Air Compressor Install in Rear Door!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal
First move the jack over as I outlined here: http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=26221
to create a new space in the rear hatch.

Then get a Firestone Inflation Station II. ($269)

It fits right in the new space, didn't even have to remove the jack to slide it in or out!
Attachment 38705Attachment 38706

If you have a factory hitch with accesory plug adaptor you are ready to power the compressor right out of the box! Use it from inside the door or outside. You can power it from the battery directly with the clips as intended, but it's real convenient to plug into the 30A fused trailer plug (don't try to use the accesory plug inside the rear door, it won't handle the amp load). You will need a male lighter-plug that has wires that you can clamp the battery power clips to.
Attachment 38708Attachment 38710

Open rear door, plug in to the trailer hitch power plug, connect air hose and you're ready.
Attachment 38711Attachment 38712

I couldn't believe how quickly I had this thing up and running and stowed so nicely in the rear door.

Initial performance test: deflates one tire from 35 to 20 psi in 90 seconds and then inflated from 20 to 35 psi in 90 seconds.

what questions do you have?

The carry bag it came in will be good for tools and recovery gear!
Attachment 38713

I'm glad this was posted...I remember reading it a while ago and forgot that I wanted to do it also. Looks like a good project for tomorrow.