View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2 Inch Lift on H2.

I did not take any pix.

If you take your air spring out you will notice that the weight of the truck rides on a PLASTIC Cylinder with a bolt through the center to the axel to keep in centered.

Unbolt the plastic cylinder. Get some longer bolts to match how much you want to lift. I went 1 1/2" inches higher with the spacers. So I got bolts that were 1 1/2" inches longer. Note MAKE SURE YOU GET GRADE 10.9 BOLTS They are metric. I cannot remember the size. I want to say they are an M10 but do not hold me too it.

Then you need to get washers that will have the same a diameter as the inside surface of the cylinder. Then get 2" PVC pipe and cut your desired spacing height. I cut off two 1-1/2" pieces They (PVC) pipes will encase the bolt and washers and line up with the outer diameter of the cylinder. Run the bolt through the Cylinder, the washes and PVC pipe and torque down.

Get a 4" diameter piece of PVC and cut to same length. This will be outer diameter of the air spring bucket to set on. Snap the air spring back into place and inflate it buy putting the hose in your mouth so you can line up the outer PVC spacer with the spring on the axel. Then hook the lines to your compressor. Hit it with some flat black paint and your done building the spacer.

I know it sounds hokey etc.... But it works and it works well. I immediately flexed the hell out of the suspension and inspcected to make sure nothing was loos or moving around. Everything held Extremely tight even with the suspension all twisted.

I did not take any pix I will take some with my cell phone at lunch so you can see the end result.

After adding the spacers you have to trick the height sensors by adjusting them to get desired ride height. I used a Tec2 to do this.

Last edited by HumminNBoatin' : 05-04-2009 at 05:32 PM.