View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 02:02 PM

JSB is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SJ:
JSB:

I was strongly opposed to NAFTA. Yes, I'm aware that GM and even Dodge assemble in Mexico. My vehicles were all assembled here in America. I have one vehicle from Michigna, the H2 from Indiana, etc.

The import vs. domestic issue was not started by me, but I will certainly defend my American nameplates, as I have pride in our products.

Toyota happens to assemble their Tacomas in Fremont, CA. This facility is close to where I was raised, so I certainly apreciate the jobs that NUMMI has opportuned for locals. My issue is with the trade deficit, and not giving market share to foreign nameplates, among a few reasons that I don't buy Japanese.

It is my personal choice to purchase what I will (as is your right) and my personal choice to defend American products when people come here and stir the pot. I'm not angry or upset about any of this; just stating my case.

End of Story.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info on the toyota plant. I'm not sure why you would share that with me, because I've never posted any preference about the Toyotas, but again thanks. I for one don't mind you having some American Pride. I get sick to my stomach everyday, because I here how mine and other companies cut american jobs and send them to India or other countries because of cheap labor. It kills us. Why do such a thing to ourselves? I'm on your side...I don't want to see Amercian companies ripping Amercians off anymore. Demand they build a quality v-e-h-i-c-l-e. I took my suburban back four times for the brakes. Four times! Demanded that this $40k dollar truck should not squeal like mad everytime I touch the brakes. After the forth time of trying to cheaply correct it, they told me sorry, we're not working on it anymore. I can't support that type of workmanship. I believe there was a website devoted to the problem, because so many just had to deal with it. Anyway, I'm hungry...time to eat.