View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 01:57 PM

SJ is off the scale

dostacos:

Yep, I made this very point to a group of earlier trolls. Jeep is a German-owned brand. DC has shifted the dual HQ structure to a sole base in Germany. The CEO and board is almost entirely German.

Jeep still sources most of its parts in the USA. Much of the assembly is in the USA, but we already see DC using cross-pollinization from other brands within their global umbrella. For example, the CRD engine was developed by M-Benz and we'll most likely see this very same engine in future Grands. The Liberty is due to have a M-Benz derived engine in 2005 and more components are shared with Daimler.

Many Jeep enthusiasts are disgusted with the "watering down" of their products. Some Dodge Viper enthusiasts have gone through the same disappointment when the latest Viper hit the market. It was seen as too polished and clinical like a Benz, when many of us prefer a raw muscle car feel.

The import and domestic debate is complex and not the same as it was in the 70s or even 80s. We could write a novel by going back-and-forth.

I support your right to buy whatever you want. I don't agree with buying a $20K+ consumer product from Japan, but that's my opinion and I don't force my opinion down any one's throat.

Heck, buy a Cuban car if you can find one and really want it. My overlying point is that some of your colleagues came here and bashed HUMMER for no reason other than to be antagonists. I'm defending American nameplates.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png