View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 03:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Upgrading the interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERDOGG.
The problem with the new interior is two-fold:
1)It doesn't fit together for ****. Every Alpha I've ever seen has gaps between interior pieces that, for a $150K truck you would think would have come with better fitment and
2)The quality of material is lacking. Take a look at that door piece in the picture above. It's already getting all beat up and scratched. They could have done a better job with material for the interior pieces...

Having said that, I do indeed like the new interior trim pieces and the overall new look of the interior, just not the material covering them or the way they fit together... If I upgraded the interior in my truck, I might integrate some new and old pieces with custom made pieces and then just have Stuart coat it all in piano black or black diamondplate and have some trim pieces in polished billet aluminum or something applied on top...
I remember a quote from an automobile magazine when the new interior was first released. Something along the lines of, "the vehicle finally sports an interior fitting of a vehicle half its price." I found it amusing, but that being said, I still love it. The more I look at the pictures though, it is not so much the layout or design that I like, but the way leather (whether cheap or not) covers most everything. If I do go the H1 route, I might see what it would cost to have the older H1 interior pieces upholstered. I like the idea BlueHummerH2 has, with using a material that is more weatherproof. Unfortunately, that would probably be vinyl, unless there is something you can do with leather and/or suede. I guess they make treatments for shoes, but it's kinda greasy, and don't think I'd want that on the interior. Then again, I wouldn't leave it open in a snowstorm or thunderstorm, maybe just some drizzle while I'm hurrying to get the top on. Hmm... more to think about!