View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Will Air Suspension strand me?

We are enjoying Anchorage at the Captain Cook Hotel. A very nice hotel with great blackout curtains for that summer extended daylight up here. The H2 has run great without a single hiccup except for a chipped windshield. We are 6033 miles into our adventure and tomorrow I'm taking the H2 to a fast lube place for an oil change. The H2 is a VERY comfortable road trip vehicle and I hope to post some pictures of the H2 on A1 as we head to Homer, AK, 247 miles to the West. They say this stretch of A-1 is one of the most beautiful drives of any highway in the US. We could take the ferry, but we want to enjoy the drive instead.
Gas prices in Anchorage are some of the most expensive on this trip at $4.09 a gallon for regular. I haven't reset the lie-o-meter since we left NY and it says we're averaging 12.8 mpg - not bad. This reminds me a little of those old days, because Hummers still draw attention in Alaska. We've seen a lot of lifted H3s in Anchorage. I can't even tell you how many offers we've had to buy the H2 between the Yukon and here!

Hummer, like nothing else