Thread: Rear E-Locker
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 02:52 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rear E-Locker

if you want to do ithis its probably not difficult at all. Just take a voltmeter and probe the wires out of the locker and see what their status is when in hi(unlocked), hi(locked), low(locked). Play around with diffrent settings and make sure you know what is what.

Locking the diff is probably the easy part, appliying votage where necesary. The other part of not setting codes is harder, but if im on the rite track it should be easy. Since you know what the voltages, resistance or what ever else may chage, just duplicate that condition on the wires going back to whatever is controling the locker, so that its fooled into thinking the locker is unlocked. Do this simulation with a battery or some electronic tinkering things .

I am not saying this will work, but if you are desperate its worth a try, and I personally (with my limited knowledge ) think it might work. However, as many have said you can ruin your locker (or something else) by using it when your not suposed to.

I personally would not have the locker engaged at any speed even on sand, snow, ice or whatever. I would just leave it to the TC, stabilitrack. The reason I say this is because engineers with far greater knowledge than most of us have designed this vehicle, and if they think it should be this way then im for it. Although lawyers might have had something to do with the engineering process. However you are your own person and you have your own truck so you have the freedom to do whatever you like (just remember GM will not be responsible for repairing any damage), thats why you paid for it.

If you actually do this and something, anything, goes wrong, dont be looking for me afterwards.

Oh and by the way, does the H3 have Traction Control and StabiliTrack, or just Traction Control?

Last edited by marin8703 : 10-28-2006 at 03:03 AM.