Thread: Rear E-Locker
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 04:03 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rear E-Locker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURAMAX TIM
At a HH they had a pretty tall steep muddy hill and said the H2s wouldn't make it up only H1s (H1 w/ wore tires couldn't even make it up).

I followed the lead H1, needed a little run but had a creek at the bottom so couldn't get much speed. low range everything locked TC on normal.
It kept pulling the engine down from all the slippage, still made it up but barely.
went down and tried it later after the stock H2's and one H1 couldn't make it up. turned to TC2 to allow slip and worked much better w/ more speed.
w/o locker it may not have made it. there was two of us running true mud tires (both of us made it), the others were stock TA, only way for them to make it was run on the sides where it wasn't muddy and not as step.

I like to decide when I want to run e locker not GM's lawyers.

TC 1 = 4hi lock ?
TC 2 = 4lo lock ?

Or is it the other way around?

When you have an H3 in 4lo lock, the stabilitrac system is disabled.
However, the traction control system still operates.

In 4hi lock, both systems are available.These system are "smarter" than an engaged e-locker.

I can't speak for an H2.

In that type of situation, I would venture to guess a locker would have swept the vehicle sideways at a higher speed.

Lawyers protect large companies from making really big mistakes.

It could also be that the system was tested to the point they knew Stabilitrac and Traction Control were the better alternative, both for people and vehicle components.