View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why is a JK Wrangler So Much Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
I'm not taking your comments personally at all. You are taking my response personally, I think. I'm only commenting on some of the flawed logic. You're a good guy, and I know that. So I'm just commenting since I have a good perspective having owned and driven both rigs on a hard core trail.

I am pointing out that two rigs "completing" the same trail does not mean they are equally capable. I've seen guys with Samurais do GS. Does that mean a Suzuki is as capable as an H2? No way. That, again, would be totally flawed logic. It's a tough trail for a Samurai, and likely for breakage. It's not for an H2 or a JK.

Also...the JK you drove with, I think, is a Sahara with D30s on it. That's not the same as a lifted Rubi with Dana 44s.

Every trail in Moab has caused damage for every single kind of vehicle. I don't really think that's a good barometer. GS is tough for a Samurai. Potato Salad is tough for an H2. Pritchett is tough for a Rubi (assumed, but we'll see), etc. It's all about the relative difficulty compared to the capability of your rig offroad.

Add to that driver skill as well. H2s are made for Hell's revenge. They kill it like it's nothing. But I've seen a dumb-ass H2 drivers like Tower almost kill themselves.

As for Helldorado.......I don't think so for a JK - not Upper. Maybe lower though. I'm interested in trying the lower section.

I see what you are saying.......and I agree.

My point was.......on those trails, there was no measurable difference in ability, both rigs were capable. I realize that my friends JK could do more, but the trails did not require more, so both ran more or less equal.

The Jeep my friend traded in for his JK was locked front and rear with Dana 44's on both axles with 4.88's. I ran Poison Spider with a locked custom TJ with Dana 60's and four links. He didn't do anything I couldn't do in my H3. That doesn't mean that he couldn't on a harder trail.

However he did roll it on Rusty Nail.