View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 05:38 PM

h2turbo is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RLTAZH2:
Ben We will have to agree to disagree although I fail to see My position as being
unprofessional as alluded to in Your response to my mentioning the twin work which is contray to the STS FAQ. If I touched a nerve it is best to remember that i am a man that will spend money that i earned to prove my self right if provocted to do so. So do not imply I'm unprofessional if it hurt to bring up something that is an issue of STS not my issue. I just brought up what your statements on your website maitains which STS has apparently by the mention of a twin turbo now conflicts with Your mission statement and yes Your answers to a FAQ is a mission statement if You did not know that. I feel you should know that You have offended Me over your comment of unprofessionalism over a statement STS makes. I own as I told you before 5 large companies and did not get there by being unprofessional. I expect an appoligie in a cordial way and all is forgotten as far as I'm concerned. I already have had the feeling of not being treated with respect on past issues so i will not be disrespected in My club family. You came here to discuss your product We did not invite You. I have not been unprofesional in anyway unless your and My idea of it is totaly different. I had felt good with the way things were going until this acusation by you about me bringing up Your own website statements. Nothing was meant by that except something has changed. You say even a year ago you will not do something and turn around and do it etc. etc. etc.
I paid money for one of the best custom turbo builders in Texas to help Me to look into this exact topic and Your theory which is not dead is short concerning the making of a large turbo to spin up as fast as a small turbo. It lies in the basics of the operation of turbos. The big turbos can be made to spool up quicker by having them custom made to twist the exhaust fins to catch the exhaust in larger volume and that is what We are talking about when We discuss the STS is the fact that because the turbo is farther back there is less parasitic loss because the temp of the gas is cooler and denser. You cannot take a off the shelf turbo and compete with other off the shelf smaller turbo that is designed to spool quicker than the big turbo. You have to talk apples to apples and oranges to oranges. The larger turbo would have to be altered or placed in a situation where You would be able to intensify the density of the gases passing by it thusly a set of headers which i was told would not work but, hurt the system. Not true if You want to spool a large turbo sooner as You get more volume than with stock exhaust. Again the whole purpose of STS. Staying with the perameters of the STS philosophy of why You built the system you did, with a larger turbo maitaining it's ability to spool up at it predesigned factory design was do to the heavy more dense gases. That is going by the rules that STS has designed and won awards on. It will not operate as effeciently trying to make it spool up faster without altering the design of the turbo which defeats the idea behind STS and also runs the cost of turbo's up considerable if You have to have them special built and then more R@D. I did my research based on STS ideas and then went out and found that yes You could use smaller turbos with a denser flow of gas, and the small one will spool up quicker everytime as long as the STS philosophy is followed. When I went outside those guide lines I found that it would be economically unfeasible to try and redesign the large turbo to spool up as quickly as the off the shelf design twin smaller turbos. You have a valid point but, I feel from the experience of spending My own money and working with one of the very best custom turbo builders You are wrong on making a large turbo spool up as quickly as a small turbo without great alteration to the large turbo or running headers. So again We will have to agree to disagree. Ben I'm quite versed on turbo's because I spent allot of money learning about them when STS did not want to help me find a way to build a kit for H2's. But the twin deal was brought up by someone else and I had no entention of bringing it up myself except to be surprised that STS messed with twins when it states in the FAQ that it is not necessary and it would not be help. I proved to myself and have not every mentioned this research to anyone until now. I can say without a doubt the oldest members of this forum will tell You how thouroughly I research My ideas before I would even let someone else try them. I have many of the newer emebers PM Me wanting to get guidance on things. I have so many secret things going and KenP will vouch for that it would amase many who think I'm a country bumkin of which I am far from it but, yet know I can be wrong. Knowing that You can be wrong is the thing that keeps a sain man humble.
Thanks for Your time Ben let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. There are many therories out there that most have not pressed to discover unless they spent money to do it. It does not bother Me becuase My mind is so curious. The investment will pay off for Me someday soon.
Thanks for Your time Ben and for having the guts to come on hear and try to clear a few things up. But, the short story is We are very loyal to each other here and sometimes do not even like each other. But, when We need to rally behind a member it is hard to get anywhere but, I do commend You for trying and expect a small appoligie.
TAZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taz,

My comment about keeping the thread professional was not directed to you. I apologize if you took it that way.

It was merely an attempt to keep the thread to questions and answers and not personal attacks.

The whole twin turbo question doesn't offend me and I don't see a conflict with our FAQ. If our customers demand twins or if the particular application is better suited to twins, then we'll do that. If it is better as a single, we'll go that route.

I can appreciate the loyalty of your club, but I see no reason to defend it. I have not attacked anyone in your club and have answered questions professionally when others have gone on the attack.

If the forum doesn't appreciate the effort and no one is interested in the products, that's fine. I'll cancel our sponsorship when it is due and we'll part ways.

I thought and still believe it is possible to look at each question and give people additional information.

Ben