View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 04:36 AM
Hummer Authority

Bimmer9938 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LIFTED HUMMERS THREAD!!

@ Mark

Before my body lift.

The 40's fit with my Rancho kit and Truxxx leveling kit and rear spacer. I run 24x12 Rockstars and they rubbed turning. I didn't want to trim in fear of hacking up the wells, I ended up trimming just 2" off the bottom. If you do run the keys I would highly recommend the Cognito upper A arms, (which you already have) to make it easier to align and correct the angles. If memory serves me correctly Mark you are running a 20x10 XD wheel. I think your rubbing would be very minor if you went 40's (with the Truxxx keys and spacers). I remember you upgraded from the 35" Mickey Thompsons to 37" Toyos. I just like a lot of wheel well gap so it doesn't look stuffed, so I did the 2" BL and have articulation room when pulling up an incline while turning since I run such a wide wheel.

I had Rides of Conover NC to it. Speak to Brandon if you want it done, they said they wouldn't bother buying a complete 03-05' 2500 HD kit since most of the kit is not used. Just buy the pucks and bolts. The steering extension that came with my kit was installed, but they said wasn't necessary on a 2" BL. The rear hitch and bumper assembly was raised with 2" stock, I played with it to make it perfect, but they did a great job overall.